Author Topic:  French translating ?  (Read 173 times)

Jinouga

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: LeBliTZwiz59
French translating ?
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:13:08 PM »
Hey craig, i sent you messages in the past about update.
As you may know, they are many french on this game (like me :3), i just was asking for do a french translating.
Maybe a french girl like me can help a no-french like you xD   ^-^
Your sincerly, Jinouga.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: French translating ?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
This is a section for site ideas, Not game ideas.
Game ideas belong here.

As for this idea, It has been suggested many times before. The most recent response from Craig is that it is too difficult to program into the game to be worth it.

There might be a possibility of people modding different languages in, But I don't know enough about the API to tell you if it is possible.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »
Changing simple things, like the names of items/blocks as well as their respective descriptions, could easily be done through modding.

I only know some basic french, so I would not be of much help, but modpacks that serve translation purposes could very well be done in a day and then uploaded to a file sharing website for others to use.

As for menu items and the like, I'd imagine one would have to modify that through C#, and I'm not sure on the difficulty of that, but it could very well be a possibility?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »
Changing simple things, like the names of items/blocks as well as their respective descriptions, could easily be done through modding.

I only know some basic french, so I would not be of much help, but modpacks that serve translation purposes could very well be done in a day and then uploaded to a file sharing website for others to use.

As for menu items and the like, I'd imagine one would have to modify that through C#, and I'm not sure on the difficulty of that, but it could very well be a possibility?

You could also maybe perhaps do this with a lot of different languages, it would definitely take a long time but it could help out a few people who aren't the best at understanding and reading English. Just a suggestion.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld