Author Topic:  people to have their 360 demis unlocked for pc  (Read 743 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
people to have their 360 demis unlocked for pc
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
the reason i say this is because there's a few people, no more than 10 RN who have demis unlocked, and i don't see that list going above 10 by PC release

special avatars can be unlocked by Craig,so why not allow people who can show legitimate proof of them having demis unlocked, to have the avatar unlocked for their profile on PC.I'm sure people will say that well why not just unlock them over again, which is reasonable...but being there's very few people with it now,i wouldn't see too big of a problem with this,but Idk what others think about this

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: people to have their 360 demis unlocked for pc
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
Gk says work for it again.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »
I think I remember Craig saying somewhere, I can't remember if it was on here or in a discord chat. He said that he's most likely going to reset them to give everyone a fair chance I think. However I think it would be cool if the first 10, or so, people who unlocked them on 360, were to get Robotic on PC. I just thought that was a neat idea a while back.

I think Steve or Craig said that they're going to possibly change the unlock method, to make them harder to get.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »
However I think it would be cool if the first 10, or so, people who unlocked them on 360, were to get Robotic on PC. I just thought that was a neat idea a while back.

Many people have Demis, some legitimately, others not.

How does Craig distinguish between those?

TM on PC is a new era and experience for both old and new players alike. A level playing field seems like the best solution to me.

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »

There was another topic if you remember that was talking about if there should be a DemiGod award on the forums, just like the Robotic one.

Steve said that maybe Craig or Steve himself could join that persons map and ask them to switch between DemiGod and DemiGoddess. This would prove that they have unlocked it. As people like Dryym who had it before 2.5 can only have one of the DemiGods equipped, as they had that set as their default avatar before 2.5. Dryym can only have DemiGoddess equipped.

However I can see the other side as it may not be fair as we are starting a brand new era of Total Miner, and it would be fair if everyone starts off fresh.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »

Steve said that maybe Craig himself could join that persons map and ask them to switch between DemiGod and DemiGoddess. This would prove that they have unlocked it. As people like Dryym who had it before 2.5 can only have one of the DemiGods equipped, as they had that set as their default avatar before 2.5. Dryym can only have DemiGoddess equipped.

There's other ways to unlock Demis, which would let you switch between them.  ;)

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »

Steve said that maybe Craig himself could join that persons map and ask them to switch between DemiGod and DemiGoddess. This would prove that they have unlocked it. As people like Dryym who had it before 2.5 can only have one of the DemiGods equipped, as they had that set as their default avatar before 2.5. Dryym can only have DemiGoddess equipped.

There's other ways to unlock Demis, which would let you switch between them.  ;)

Well that's a bummer  :P

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »
I think that demis should have an unlock that requires real dedication on PC. It should be more of a lifetime achievement award.

If Demis got an unlock like this when they were first added, I have no doubt that they would be orders of magnitude harder than they are now.

As for people getting Robo for them.
plus there is a possible chance of getting robo
There is no chance. I'm not interested in who can no life it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
I think that demis should have an unlock that requires real dedication on PC. It should be more of a lifetime achievement award.

If Demis got an unlock like this when they were first added, I have no doubt that they would be orders of magnitude harder than they are now.

As for people getting Robo for them.
plus there is a possible chance of getting robo
There is no chance. I'm not interested in who can no life it.

That quote settles that idea then lol

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
Verifying them could be done with a bit of effort, but I highly doubt that Craig would move them to PC for those who unlocked them on 360, near 0 probability.

I also doubt the unlock method would be made more difficult, my first suggested values were much greater than the current method's values. Craig already decided to tone them down, It's possible that he might raise them dryym but I would not count on it.

My personal thought on the matter is that if you unlocked them on 360, They would be even easier to unlock on PC.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »
It just occurred to me that as of now, Provided that Craig doesn't change the data for unlockable to be incompatible, You could just move your save data to PC and transfer your demi unlocks.

Even if Craig does change the unlock method, I believe it would keep your current stats towards demis.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
It just occurred to me that as of now, Provided that Craig doesn't change the data for unlockable to be incompatible, You could just move your save data to PC and transfer your demi unlocks.

Even if Craig does change the unlock method, I believe it would keep your current stats towards demis.
This wouldn't work as the unlockables are linked to your gamertag specifically.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 10:14:58 PM »
The PC version will not load any Skill XP or unlock data from an Xbox file. Only Robotic and Wraith are hardcoded, so they will transfer over (once the Steam IDs have been verified).

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 06:01:16 AM »
I honestly don't mind going for DemiGods again. It would have been neat to have them transferred over to PC but I guess it gives me something to grind for again.

At least I can say that I've had them before  ::)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 06:49:58 PM »
I honestly don't mind going for DemiGods again. It would have been neat to have them transferred over to PC but I guess it gives me something to grind for again.

At least I can say that I've had them before  ::)
hey your one of the very few that got them with this method on Xbox 360. That's am accomplishment I'd assume.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm