Author Topic: [Survival] Survival bank script  (Read 307 times)

SmileYourOnAim

• View Profile
    • Awards
[Survival] Survival bank script
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
So I am currently working on a survival map and I was just wondering if anyone can help me with a script I'm making. So basically, I made a script where you can open a new bank account and once you open your account, you can deposit money. You can also withdraw money. But the problem I'm having is how can I make it so you can add money to players inventorys because in survival, it won't let you use the "inventory player add script" I was also wondering that when I use the script to deposit money, I use he script "Inventory, player, take", where is the money going to (Is the money just going to waste)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Survival bank script
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:13 PM »
Try using an economised shop to store the money in, And using the move inventory command. I am not 100% sure if this would work, But it's your best shot shy of a locked chest hidden somewhere. And that would have very limited storage.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 06:34:13 AM »
Try using an economised shop to store the money in, And using the move inventory command. I am not 100% sure if this would work, But it's your best shot shy of a locked chest hidden somewhere. And that would have very limited storage.
This does work, but if you intend to make this a permanent money storage, you don't want to break it... ever. If you break it on accident with as much money as... say... Trub or I keep, you'll lose loads of money. Honestly, it's best to just keep a couple locked chests somewhere in the world. If you're worried about people getting into them, you can still attach these to scripts. Then hide them in a box. Even clay works. Then put a no edit zone around the clay box. It's what I do if I'm feeling lazy. Shops are too high risk.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »
This does work, but if you intend to make this a permanent money storage, you don't want to break it... ever. If you break it on accident with as much money as... say... Trub or I keep, you'll lose loads of money. Honestly, it's best to just keep a couple locked chests somewhere in the world. If you're worried about people getting into them, you can still attach these to scripts. Then hide them in a box. Even clay works. Then put a no edit zone around the clay box. It's what I do if I'm feeling lazy. Shops are too high risk.

But he wants a bank. Like the kind of thing you can do with scripts in creative. Why would you want to have to keep adding more locked chests whenever someone deposits something without a withdrawal? It'll eventually add up.

It's not an issue of security, It's an issue of inventory space. Shops can hold 2147483647 gold pieces in them before you need another.
Locked chests only hold 1920000 GP in them before you need another. And speaking from experience, That's not hard to get. Especially not if you have tens of players coming into your world making money and bank accounts.

In this case, The shops aren't high risk at all because they are only ever going to be accessed by scripts. Nobody is going to ever go over to it.

Locked chests just won't work due to their limited space.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:03:31 PM »

But he wants a bank. Like the kind of thing you can do with scripts in creative. Why would you want to have to keep adding more locked chests whenever someone deposits something without a withdrawal? It'll eventually add up.

It's not an issue of security, It's an issue of inventory space. Shops can hold 2147483647 gold pieces in them before you need another.
Locked chests only hold 1920000 GP in them before you need another. And speaking from experience, That's not hard to get. Especially not if you have tens of players coming into your world making money and bank accounts.

In this case, The shops aren't high risk at all because they are only ever going to be accessed by scripts. Nobody is going to ever go over to it.

Locked chests just won't work due to their limited space.
I never knew shops could hold that much. Ya learn something new about tmf every day.

SmileYourOnAim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
I tried this out and it worked, thanks for the help