Author Topic:  Third party support  (Read 262 times)

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Obey no one, Respect everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
Third party support
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:27:41 AM »
This is quite simple, what I mean by this is the ability for lets say I make something like world painter from MCPC, but I make it for tmf terrain, basically just support for third party apps to make changes... Sorry if any of my wording was confusing it's 2:30 am atm... I'm tired...
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 241

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
Re: Third party support
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:03:53 AM »
I'm not the most tech minded person, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but this sounds like somthing you can do with mods.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
I've said it before and I will say it again. I want a tool like world painter for TM. Either that, Or a tool which takes the data from an MC world and generates a new TM world with the same approximate block placement.

I don't think there needs to be support for this really. People will find a way to make 3rd party tools to modify worlds regardless. It's just a matter of how easy it is for them to make it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
I would assume you can take most of the coding for the current MC mods, amd change the ID names and parameters to reformat it.

Like instead of MC_Dirt if that's even the name for it, rename it to TM_Dirt, and for maxX on MC, change ours = a higher number.

Its probably not that simple, but if you were able to look at the code for world painter somehow, it could provide some insight?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »
I would assume you can take most of the coding for the current MC mods, amd change the ID names and parameters to reformat it.

Like instead of MC_Dirt if that's even the name for it, rename it to TM_Dirt, and for maxX on MC, change ours = a higher number.

Its probably not that simple, but if you were able to look at the code for world painter somehow, it could provide some insight?

Actually, It would be much more complicated than that. MC worlds have 16x16x256 chunks. TM worlds have 32x32x32 chunks. That alone would make things much more difficult to cross over.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

OniX Lokii

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: OniX Lokii
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:20:24 PM »
Yeah, I would love to see this for pc.