Author Topic:  Total Miner Fanmade Soundtrack  (Read 1561 times)

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Total Miner Fanmade Soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:05 AM »
I don't know how complicated this would be but I think it could only be done through mods.

What I was thinking you could do, is that you could add music to when a person discovers something in their world. For example when they discover the first Hell, you could add a track that is eerie and dark.

Also when they discover the underground oasis, you could add a track that is mysterious and adventurous if you know what I mean.

You could also add tracks to when they are walking through caves, music that is really adventurous and uplifting.

Another idea I had is for when a person discovers a wisdom scroll/blueprint, you could add a 5 second track that is somewhat like a congratulatory sound. For example when you rank up in Call of Duty, there is a short soundtrack that is played. Something like that.

These are just a few ideas and I hope they help in some way.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

LB

• Creator of Creditland, Infinity and Elzrin
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »
I think this is a great idea. Having unique soundtracks for a game that changes between locations would really make something like Dig Deep way more immersive and would add to the experience. You should go along with Jim's ideas, they'd all fit the Dig Deep theme very well.

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »
I think this is a great idea. Having unique soundtracks for a game that changes between locations would really make something like Dig Deep way more immersive and would add to the experience. You should go along with Jim's ideas, they'd all fit the Dig Deep theme very well.

That's the word I was looking for at the time, immersion. Yeah just as LB said I think it would make Dig Deep that little bit more immersive.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Xian-mei

• Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: KrONic GLaDOS 2
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
Yeah, it's most likely that this would be implemented by mods unless Craig wants to include my music tracks. It would be pretty sweet since well of course Total Miner doesn't have it's own official soundtrack, using royalty-free music instead. I do love some of the Royalty-free music tracks like "Water lily" or the iconic "Folk Round" though, but it would be nice to have a few music tracks unique to the game itself. Immersion is one of the main things I look into; imagine fighting off spiders to a subtle action oriented track. I mean it's kinda a bit funny and off whenever you're in combat with a creature while a happy-playful tune blares in the background lol. I do love the idea of having music play during specific events like wandering through a cave or venturing out at night.Also, I'll look into making a short track played whenever collecting scrolls or when a player levels up.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
Yeah, it's most likely that this would be implemented by mods unless Craig wants to include my music tracks. It would be pretty sweet since well of course Total Miner doesn't have it's own official soundtrack, using royalty-free music instead. I do love some of the Royalty-free music tracks like "Water lily" or the iconic "Folk Round" though, but it would be nice to have a few music tracks unique to the game itself. Immersion is one of the main things I look into; imagine fighting off spiders to a subtle action oriented track. I mean it's kinda a bit funny and off whenever you're in combat with a creature while a happy-playful tune blares in the background lol. I do love the idea of having music play during specific events like wandering through a cave or venturing out at night.Also, I'll look into making a short track played whenever collecting scrolls or when a player levels up.

If you want immersion, You won't be playing vanilla TM. XD You'd either play a different game, Or a heavily scripted map.

I get what you mean though. Exempting a few fan favourites, I think TM should have its own soundtrack for the purposes of really making the game feel like the unique game it is.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
I really loved the vibe the song gave off, you should really make a mod with this in it, it would be awesome!

Xian-mei

• Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
OP UPDATED
Hey guys, so I've completed the second track. The song is called "Beneath The Stars"; I wanted to compose something that starts off as being subtle, then epic. This track probably fits with journeying around a map or discovering something extraordinary which of course depends how you view it  ^-^. Tell me what you guys think of the second track and remember, crank up those headphones lol. Enjoy

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 04:17:30 PM »
Hey y'all, just letting you know that I've recently uploaded a short preview of a new upcoming track . Check out the link below :)