Author Topic:  Prefixes - '[Liked]'  (Read 460 times)

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Prefixes - '[Liked]'
« on: December 17, 2016, 07:06:11 AM »
Prefixes - '[Liked]'

A Brief Explanation

I'd like to ask for a new prefix to be added to the 'prefix table' in all boards using prefixes. The prefix would be called '[Liked]' or something similar and when filtered it would show only the threads that the user has liked. This filter wouldn't count a like as the user liking the OP, they must like the actual thread.

This would be useful because, generally, if you like a thread, it means that you like that thread, map and/or layout. It'd then be easy to link to your favourite threads whenever needed instead of scrolling through useless posts in the watch bar to actually find the thread that you'd like to link.

Myself and other active members would find this useful because topics always get lost in the flow of other less useful topics. With this small addition, we'd be able to see threads without having to scroll back (x) amount of pages or (x) amount of search results -which is usually a few due to members talking about their maps or referring to them in other threads.

Thank's for taking the time to read my suggestion!

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion, please add onto or give feedback to it below. When giving feedback, if all you're going to say is '+1' or something similar please just like my post.

Cheers,
Crab.

Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Prefixes - '[Liked]'
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »
That's not how they work. They have to be the same for all users. They can't be changed on a user by user basis.

Profile>Like posts does basically this now. It shows a list of just posts you've liked with all other posts removed.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »
That's not how they work. They have to be the same for all users. They can't be changed on a user by user basis.

Profile>Like posts does basically this now. It shows a list of just posts you've liked with all other posts removed.

That's a shame :(

Liked posts and search bar will do, lol :P

Q : Does Profile > Liked Posts show liked threads aswell? If so, is there a way to filter it for only threads? (I like alot of posts xD)
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 07:59:27 AM »
The only filter for it is things you've liked/things of yours that have gotten likes

RemoteBeef092

• Fresh Meat
  • Rubber
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: RemoteBeef092
  • Steam: RemoteBeef092
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
This message has been marked as spam and deleted. RemoteBeef092's post count has been reduced by 2.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:11:42 PM by Jim »
Ayeee