Author Topic: [Scripts] HUDShape Menu  (Read 688 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
[Scripts] HUDShape Menu
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:46:56 AM »
PICTURES IN SPOILER AT BOTTOM!

This menu is a persistent, semi-transparent, blade-based that occupies the far-right 12th of the screen. It's inspired by sci-fi themes. Particularly more Cyberpunk in style, but is a good HUD for, say, cybernetic enhancements.

Y navigated the menu, and B confirms the option. All the options are pretty obvious as to what they do. Except for maybe home. Home basically teleports you to a pre-determined (by you) location. Another side note, inventory opens up a chest. So while you lose functionality of the B and Y button, you gain access to all your necessary tools, and get a bigger inventory. You... also lose the ability to use armour and jewellery, but I found a workaround to negate all negatives of this. By swing the controller (renamed shield badge) you disable the functionality of the menu. You can enable it back by simply swinging the shield badge again.

I can share the script to anyone, but make it soon because at the time of this post, I have a few days left of gold, and may not have gold for another month or so.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Any suggestions, feel free to give them so long as you don't come off as a condescending snob.

WARNING! A BUNCH OF 8 MEGAPIXEL IMAGES IN THIS SPOILER! DON'T OPEN ON A LOW-POWER DEVICE!
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

White

Red

Orange

Yellow

Green

Cyan

Blue

Purple

Pink

Displaying the blade

Displaying the blade
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: HUDShape Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:07:15 PM »
Is it just motion blur, or does it actually fade from right to left on which option is highlighted?

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 02:43:01 PM »
Is it just motion blur, or does it actually fade from right to left on which option is highlighted?
not motion blur. The gradient is intended. I just a wanted a little extra touch for it. Make it seem more futurey.

Overlaying multiple hudshapes that are transparent gives you some neat effects. Good thing to keep in mind, they're not multiplication like I originally thought they would be. They're addition.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
I love it then

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
I modified the script a bit and made it a spell select, where y swaps your choice, and x casts the spell. I had B to cast for a while, but you couldn't open your menu.

I also have custom as the cancel option, if you're the host and want to fly, of just want to prospect a block in general.

It plays off of my spell system, and is actually way smaller to use these buds than a menu bridge to open up different spells. It took 3-5 menus per spell type, down to 3 scripts in total, including the cancel option.

I also took the color change and made it based on the selected spell element.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21:11 PM »
Wow tater, that looks awesome, I love how those look, I thought mine were good until I saw both of yours, im curious, what does the Morph spell do?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 11:40:17 PM »
Give me time. I want to make a radial menu which would allow quicker selection of spells and such.

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »
Morph turns any mob into a duck.

I actually have it set for my polymorph spell, which has a .33 chance to turn it into a duck, sheep, or cow.

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:43:07 AM »
Taters Morph spell Reminds me of the Wabbajack from ESV
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »
Taters Morph spell Reminds me of the Wabbajack from ESV

Exactly

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
Here's a bit of a tutorial on his to do something like this.

It's not exact, which is how I wanted it to be, but I'm sure if you wanted the one from the OP, you can figure it out...

https://m.