Author Topic:  Bad words  (Read 501 times)

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Obey no one, Respect everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
Bad words
« on: October 22, 2016, 11:22:55 PM »
When someone says a very vulgar curse word we should Shane them, like if they say the N word we have it change to something like "I'm Racist" I know there's already some set up, but I want them to feel ashamed of themselves...
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 241

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Re: Bad words
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:51:18 PM »
...and which N word are you talking about?

::)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »
I think he's trying to trivialize the time that i was dropped on my head repeatedly as a baby.

You may say it's a waste of time but when the guy who tried to invent video games told us we said no one needs it and he almost did not invent it.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hallo
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:05:46 AM »
"i was dropped on my head repeatedly as a baby"
"[REDACTED]"
It doesn't censor it the way I've heard it.
-Alionz

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:20:54 AM »
Absolutely not. Many of us swear and let the sensor cover it. There sensors are funny and when most people swear it's to be funny and not directed to anyone. No one uses direct words like the N word. And if they do they get in trouble.  There is no point in this.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 12:53:33 AM »
Probably the worst thing I've seen on this site since I've began browsing it, is this post.

Yeah, publicly shaming forum members for using adult language sounds like a good idea. Except that it's not.

With the exception of some racist terms, swear words really aren't that "bad". I mean, its how you use them, not the word itself that matters. People shouldn't be shamed for that. People shouldn't be shamed for anything. If you want to limit content to include or not include certain things, by all means. But downright harassing someone because they're using the F word is basically equivalent to bullying.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 03:24:34 AM »
How about this idea :

A self sensor...

Where we can sensor words in our settings, and they will overwrite the forum ones. They can be our own personal sensors, and you can shame whoever you want.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 04:25:49 AM »
F*ck this. I just self censored. Problem solved. Also, this topic is by far the most ridiculous one to date. I mean...wow. Who cares? -Apparently I do to some degree because I commented on it-  /-:

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 07:48:46 AM »
How about this idea :

A self sensor...

Where we can sensor words in our settings, and they will overwrite the forum ones. They can be our own personal sensors, and you can shame whoever you want.

That's the wrong Gorram word!
Seriously, If you're going to post, Make sure you say the right bloody thing.

It's "censor" not "sensor", You rutting idiot.

(P.S. This is all in good fun, And showing a valid self censorship method.)

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 02:48:39 AM »
How about this idea :

A self sensor...

That's the wrong Gorram word!
Seriously, If you're going to post, Make sure you say the right bloody thing.

It's "censor" not "sensor", You rutting idiot.

(P.S. This is all in good fun, And showing a valid self censorship method.)

Damn my f*cking typos..
(P.S. This is all in good fun, And showing a valid self censorship method.)(definitely didn't steal this from Dryym :P)
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!