Author Topic:  Huttondale Modern RPG  (Read 3891 times)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
Re: Huttondale Modern RPG
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 08:36:43 AM »
I'll break down your quote and try and explain it the best that i can.

theres a couple things that should be done to your new rpgs because they all seem to be the same but just the layout is different

Um, they aren't all the same. I'm always coming under fire for "overusing" sand coloured materials. Well, i'm sorry but i just like it and i think they work quite well together.

and a couple of addition with my upcoming map scrips wont run my economy the players will

I'm not really sure what you mean by this ;(

you should add guns

I would prefer to keep this map family friendly, especially with quite a few younger players who join my maps.

and a couple of more jobs like a officer job or a theif job officers arrest theifs theifs can pick pocket players but if a cop wrongly accuses someone they get punished or something

These probably won't be needed if the map is family friendly though TenMan has pretty much the exact same thing at it works quite well i think. I think i'll go for more quest style jobs on this map.

but you should change things up a bit the buildings don't have to be different but

Almost all the buildings in this map are brand new designs and those that aren't have been changed.

its getting boring just mining in a mine why don't you have it where players can edit outside of the city limits?

Because this will cause a whole heap of problems and there won't just be mines, i assure you.

idk if its just me or what but those are my ideas

I love suggestions but i should probably say that i am not hating on anyone, just wanted to be 100% honest and not sugarcoat the truth or what i think. I need to be more honest.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:39:39 AM by casual onion »
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Vexon

• Elite Member
  • A Sly Fox thats been stuck in a cave since 2011.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Vexon X1
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 09:04:42 AM »
      This map looks really nice, but my only remote question is, What's the point of the map? If it's like baystone, where you mine, and buy a house then what was a point in creating a new map? Maybe try something...new, maybe add some kind of story-RPG-like aspect to the map, because Your maps function really well with the whole economy thing. 

As far as the builds, I like the bridges, and the simplistic design they have. Plus I also liked how you made the map on a more "Hilly" world. I also notice you have the same build-style that you commonly use which look nice might I add :)

Overall reguardless of what this turns out to be in the end, I look forward to joining Huttondale.
Good Luck!
[img width=533]

My High School Marching Band 2016

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
This map looks really nice, but my only remote question is, What's the point of the map? If it's like Baystone, where you mine, and buy a house then what was a point in creating a new map? Maybe try something...new, maybe add some kind of story-RPG-like aspect to the map, because Your maps function really well with the whole economy thing. 

Yes, the map is similar to my previous maps of Baystone & Barrow. The reason that i don't continue the maps on for a long while is that they a) break and become un-feasible to continue with (Baystone) or b) I want a change of scenery and the ideas that i have would work better and are easier to implement (Barrow).

The whole point of the map is to build a map as accurate to a British landscape as possible. Sure, a huge mine in a village centre isn't realistic - i get that but the buildings and bridges will be as close to realistic as possible. I describe my building style as "British Realism" and i try to stick to that. The main reason i use sandbrick and sandstone is because it's the closest to golden coloured stone in Rupture.

As far as the builds, I like the bridges, and the simplistic design they have. Plus I also liked how you made the map on a more "Hilly" world. I also notice you have the same build-style that you commonly use which look nice might I add :)

I think the bridges turned out nicely. I should say that they aren't all my doing though i have helped on them. The one that i solely built and designed is the brick one. I made the map on grasslands because it allows for more unique buildings as they can be built in or onto the hillside. Every house in the map has a nice view of something, less so in Duxford though. I'm also glad you like my building style, not many do :)

Overall regardless of what this turns out to be in the end, I look forward to joining Huttondale.
Good Luck!

Well, i look forward to seeing you soon and hopefully you can become the richest in the map and have a lovely property with nice views :)

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
What up peeps. How's it kicking?

Any who, I've been proper busy on Huttondale so I'm gonna give you the details, m'kay?

Added
> All property scripts done for Duxford & Enclave
> Added 5 purchasable derelict barns in the more remote areas of the map for player renovations :)
> Landscaping
> Building some sick walls

Okay, it doesn't look like I've done much but the first two took flipping ages. I had like 40 scripts to do plus trying to design buildings that look derelict is rather difficult.

Other than that, i hosted Barrow (which is totally still a thing) and yeah, I'd love to release the map soon if you wanna?

TTFN.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 06:49:51 PM »
but the first two took flipping ages. I had like 40 scripts to do
I'm wondering if this could have been done more efficiently?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »
but the first two took flipping ages. I had like 40 scripts to do
I'm wondering if this could have been done more efficiently?

Is there much that can't be done more efficiently?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
Ah. It was time consuming - to me at least. Let me elaborate.

Each property has two scripts, a confirm and a purchase script. The confirm script is simple if has inventory x else y. The purchase script is around 16 lines. It has the same as the confirm for added security in case anything occurs or I mess up. It also has around 4 history marks (I like to track things) the inventory scripts, set blocks and lastly the notify and zone commands.

To be honest it just involves changing the names of things (and block coordinates) in the scripts but with well over 100 properties, it can take a while though I've been quite productive today :)

An average script name would be

Enclave\The Green\05\Confirm

Village Name\Road Name\Number\Confirm or Purchase

I just change them in zone names etc. Don't think there's an easier way to do property scripts, been using these for a while.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 10:32:04 PM »
You can't use relative coords in some way?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
The OP is showing "photo's not found"

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »
If you could post one of your property scripts, I could check if 2.44 can do it 'relatively', i.e. one script for all properties, and if not, I could see if there's a way to do that.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »
The OP is showing "photo's not found"

It's because i changed the photo group name on photobucket, I'll get it fixed.

If you could post one of your property scripts, I could check if 2.44 can do it 'relatively', i.e. one script for all properties, and if not, I could see if there's a way to do that.

Here's an actual property script.

Enclave\The Green\05\Confirm

If
HasInventory [player] [goldpieces] [<] [168000]
Then
MessageBox [Sorry, this property is 168,000 Aires.] [a=[Withdraw from bank?][Bank\Withdraw\Menu]]
Else
MessageBox [Purchase 5, The Green for 168,000 Aires?] [a=[Withdraw from bank?][Bank\Withdraw\Menu]]

Enclave\The Green\Purchase

If
HasInventory [player] [goldpieces] [<] [168000]
Then
MessageBox [Sorry, this property is 168,000 Aires.] [a=[Withdraw from bank?][Bank\Withdraw\Menu]]
Else
History [Enclave\The Green\05] [player] [+1]
History [Owns\House] [player] [+1]
History [Property\Income] [+168000]
History [Points] [+1680]
History [Enclave\House] [+1]
History [House Owned] [+1]
Inventory [player] [take] [goldpieces] [168000]
SetBlock [894,249,928] [Sign] [37]
SetText [894,249,928] [[gamertag]]
SetTexture [894,249,928] [2]
Notify [[gamertag] bought a house!] [global] [124,252,0]
Zone [Enclave\The Green\05] [builder=player]

Yes - I have a lot of history marks.

Yes - I'm incredibly organised, it's almost alphabetical order!

Good luck simplifying it.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »
Howdy.

I'm currently on holiday so haven't really been on Huttondale. As the new update is out, I have loads of script based additions to improve the map as it's mostly just buildings, so if you have any ideas then please let me know what i could do. I'm still on track for an October realise, some time around Halloween so that's good eh? I'll update the features I added before my holiday when I can.

Ta-rah.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
At 8pm GMT until 10PM GMT today, I'll be hosting Huttondale to 10 guests on public. This is for finding bugs and taking suggestions. Come join if you want to see!

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »

The Huttondale Barn Update is here (albeit a bit delayed)!

You can now buy a derelict barn in a secluded and very private location in the middle of no-where and convert it into a beautiful property.

How would you convert these and what into? I look forward to seeing your *creative* suggestions.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »
Howdy.

I've added absolutely loads, mainly scripts but some building.

> Twinlakes Village (Pictures coming soon)
A large village centered around a man made and natural lake. Every cottage is different and most are built into the landscape. There's also three shops.

> Omega & JG
The two main shops in Huttondale, the latter ran by me and the former by my admin GOD x DRIVE. Each business has three shops (Treeton, Rockford & Twinlakes) & (Bridgetown, Rockford & Twinlakes). Unfortunately, he has better locations and prices. Both sell pickaxes and hatchets and currently, only JG sells blocks. Each shop also has private crafting rooms downstairs.

Come stop by as i host most days each week. See you soon!