Author Topic:  Compass marker change  (Read 379 times)

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
Compass marker change
« on: October 23, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
I have been on many worlds where there are way to many markers showing up on the compass to find any one place.
It should be limited to a radius like it is with players.
The exception to the radius would be way points.
This would cut down on a lot of the clutter on the compass and make finding things on a world much easier than it is now.
Also if it stays like it is now when larger worlds come out you could end up with a compass that is a solid bar of markers.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

King Goliath

• Elite Member
  • god i love drinking bleach
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: redX468
Re: Compass marker change
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »
Maybe have it so some markers are visible to certain people, like the chat when you set a marker the menu will come up "visible to everyone, admins, clan" for a reason i wouldn't want the enemy clan to see where i marked my base, but my clan does
What am i even talking about

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Maybe have it so some markers are visible to certain people, like the chat when you set a marker the menu will come up "visible to everyone, admins, clan" for a reason i wouldn't want the enemy clan to see where i marked my base, but my clan does
You should start a idea topic for clan markers and note that if this idea gets added that clan markers would be seen no mater how far away you are from it. But just choosing who can see markers is not the answer to this problem as Markers are there so we can find where we want to go and if we arn't close to it we can set a way point from the map.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 11:30:23 PM »
A radius would be perfect for compass markers. I personally have yet to have an issue with them clogging up my compass, but I'm sure it happens. Perhaps while we're on the topic of the compass, we could get some symbols for locations, too? Like the ones in Skyrim.

Please disregard the red circles, I just got the image from google.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Obey no one, Respect everyone.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
Shape 165 is awesome! That should be added tot total miner!
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 241