Author Topic:  Some changes to awards  (Read 2087 times)

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
Re: Some changes to awards
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
And to be honest you are just going to have to deal with it.
:3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:09:28 PM by Steve »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »
Of course, But I will Raise all Hell in the process.
It does no good to just saying.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »

Bob has asked if there are any questions/comments/concerns
I have every right to say its a bad idea, cause it is.
Of course nobody has to take my word for it.

And actually it does alot of good, cause nothing would ever get changed if people did not contest bad ideas.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:37:27 PM by Steve »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
Bob has asked if there are any questions/comments/concerns
I have every right to say its a bad idea, cause it is.
Of course nobody has to take my word for it.
I know i am just trying to say the decision is up to bob and to allot of members the idea sounds really good.

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
I know i am just trying to say the decision is up to bob and to allot of members.

:3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:10:04 PM by Steve »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »
We don't need you to tell everyone that, Thats already given, and not your place to intervene. Thats also a huge problem, pruning.
What you cut the quote first off. Second i am not intervening in anything i am stating my opinion to yours.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 06:17:47 PM »

To refrain from quoting everything in this section, ill just start here. It actually does good to say its a bad idea, if he think its so. Just because he has no say in the matter doesn't mean his opinion shouldn't be valued. Personally I don't like the idea either. I feel the awards on the forums are something people fight over and brag about, like having Zeus/Testerman on a map. It only seems to fuel someone's ego rather than them accepting an award. At the same time I understand its important to reward people for encouraging and interacting with one another within the community. I'm rather indifferent on the matter, I don't mind if its there or not. But saying Steve's his attempts to show the idea is bad doesn't solve anything.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »
Being a good forum member is the requirement. I do not see what you have a problem with.

"Good" is very subjective, Someone may be a "Good" forum member to some people, And a "Bad" forum member to some others. They may be "Good" in certain areas, And "Bad" in certain others.

Humans are generally biased, They will see people as "Good" Or "Bad" based off their own beliefs.

If there is to be voting, I personally believe only a certain amount of people should be allowed to vote.

If it were up to me, I would make a list of people with the least amount of bias, And the most logical thinking, Then for each vote, Use a random number generator to generate anywhere between 5-11 people to vote for who gets the star award.

This method at least trys to eliminate bias as much as possible, The only bias is in the opinion of who are the people to put on initial the voting list, And the rest is as fair as i think it can be made.
If anyone sees problems with it, Be my guest and improve it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 06:36:19 PM »
If there is to be voting, I personally believe only a certain amount of people should be allowed to vote.

If it were up to me, I would make a list of people with the least amount of bias, And the most logical thinking, Then for each vote, Use a random number generator to generate anywhere between 5-11 people to vote for who gets the star award.

This method at least trys to eliminate bias as much as possible, The only bias is in the opinion of who are the people to put on initial the voting list, And the rest is as fair as i think it can be made.
If anyone sees problems with it, Be my guest and improve it.

At this point is the award worth the work to give out? I mean if we don't have it the forums still go on right?

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
We are so off topic guys. Bring this to a PM or the shoutbox.
This post is off topic. The other posts are still on the topic of awards.

To refrain from quoting everything in this section, ill just start here. It actually does good to say its a bad idea, if he think its so. Just because he has no say in the matter doesn't mean his opinion shouldn't be valued. Personally I don't like the idea either. I feel the awards on the forums are something people fight over and brag about, like having Zeus/Testerman on a map. It only seems to fuel someone's ego rather than them accepting an award. At the same time I understand its important to reward people for encouraging and interacting with one another within the community. I'm rather indifferent on the matter, I don't mind if its there or not. But saying Steve's his attempts to show the idea is bad doesn't solve anything.

Anywho, for the most part, I agree with Jeffrey(Edit: Nefty). While awards do have a feeling of accomplishment behind them, they also seem to cause quite a bit of dilemma, especially if it's one given out for unknown reasons.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:47:05 PM by The Gold Knight »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »
At this point is the award worth the work to give out? I mean if we don't have it the forums still go on right?

I believe so. A comprehensive list of forum members who are active and unbiased/logical should only need to be made once, And tended to as members go inactive, Or others who fit the bill become active.

Depending on the amount of people on the list, It shouldn't take too long to randomly pick out 5-11 of them, They would then have to vote for a person to receive the award.

The only problem I see with this method at the moment is choosing the nominees for the award in the first place.

I agree that we don't need this to survive, I was suggesting an alternative that feels fairish and less biased than a single person choosing someone to win the award.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
I think if you brag it should be taken away. As awards are as said ment to feel good like yes I accomplish something. But not to brag and say look I have star poster and you don't in the shout box should result in award termination. And that stays for eternity.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
I think if you brag it should be taken away. As awards are as said ment to feel good like yes I accomplish something. But not to brag and say look I have star poster and you don't in the shout box should result in award termination. And that stays for eternity.

Once again another thing that needs to be monitored.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
Once again another thing that needs to be monitored.
And to monitor that we need more mods

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
And to monitor that we need more mods
... or we can just make all the bad apples who complain about new rewards, old rewards, and most likely upcoming awards disappear ;)

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》