Author Topic:  Dealing With Depression  (Read 2706 times)

Lady Lobo

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Lady Lobo
Re: Dealing With Depression
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 06:05:10 AM »
When I read all of the stories in this post, it made me feel very small and humble. I realize how much strength and determination it has taken all of you to keep on going and survive.  It is so hard to make it through day by day sometimes just minute by minute depending on how hard and how deep the depression is you are dealing with. When you find the strength that you all have now, I think it makes you a stronger person who can live in this life and pass on some of the strength to others who need it just like you did at one time. The strength it has taken to tell your stories hopefully will help others in xbox, tm or any other place people are listening or reading and are thinking noone cares about them and maybe they can reach out for help also. Again I applaud all of you for the guts it took to tell your stories, I can't offer much but if any one ever needs an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on I'm here if I can help also there are others who are here to help to any way they can. Keep looking up and walking strong I wish you all the best in your lives.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Thanks Lobo. You were a big help in my depression. Glad I am here today.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Wumboist
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
i wouldve never guessed u had autism
glad that youre here still :)

On no, I don't have autism. When I said same to you, I was referring to the part about needing to talk to somebody.

Thanks though haha.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
On no, I don't have autism. When I said same to you, I was referring to the part about needing to talk to somebody.

Thanks though haha.
huh?that was a reply to creeper?

i think lol

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:08:29 AM by Ugh ThatZ NaZty »

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Wumboist
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
huh?that was a reply to creeper?

i think lol

Oh when you quoted in the reply you had what I said and I thought that you thought that I had autism. Lol, misunderstanding.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »
Honestly, I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
I was told by recruiters today that I had no chance of getting into the military for medical reasons outside of my control. Being a USAF CCT was my dream job (Seriously, I actually started hitting the gym and studying harder so I could prepare early) and that opportunity was taken from me, and there's nothing I can do about it. I was in tears over this.

That same medical condition now prevents me from getting my driver's license.

I doubt I'll ever be skilled enough as a coder to get an actual career as one.

I was planning on doing this program at school where you do your junior and senior year at a local community college (so you can get an associates degree right out of highschool, while getting free college), but you need really good grades for that and I lack motivation/discipline to do well in school anymore.

I literally have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore. I just don't care about anything anymore. This isn't intended to be a cry for attention or whatever,  I just really need to vent right now.

You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
I was told by recruiters today that I had no chance of getting into the military for medical reasons outside of my control. Being a USAF CCT was my dream job (Seriously, I actually started hitting the gym and studying harder so I could prepare early) and that opportunity was taken from me, and there's nothing I can do about it. I was in tears over this.

I was planning on doing this program at school where you do your junior and senior year at a local community college (so you can get an associates degree right out of highschool, while getting free college), but you need really good grades for that and I lack motivation/discipline to do well in school anymore.

I literally have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore. I just don't care about anything anymore. This isn't intended to be a cry for attention or whatever,  I just really need to vent right now.
Life can get difficult at times. You need to learn to brush it off. And move on as that won't be the only thing that gets in your way. If you did take a easy way out. You will affect allot of people. Weather its family,friends,tm friends. Stress is tough but everyone has some will power to fight it. Mine are my good friends. I go to them and they always talk me through my issue. And those people know who they are. And i thank them for it. Just a week ago i was going through some deep stuff and they helped me through it. You need to find that one thing that helps you through the depression you get. I encourage you to find it.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

Marooca, I assume you're still in high school, then?

If so, you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to figure something else out, and plenty of time to do it.

The most important thing is keeping an open mind about things.

Story time.

Back in high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I knew I wasn't smart enough to be an engineer (almost failing physics taught me that).

So I figured that I'd be a cop. There wasn't a lot to it. Be physically fit, work well under pressure, and have good decision making skills. Plenty of family members of mine worked in law enforcement, and I thought it could be emotionally rewarding, so I decided to apply to become a police cadet. And I got accepted. And I stuck with the program for just about two years.

During that time, I wasn't open to the idea of pursuing any other career paths. I just settled on the idea that I'd work in law enforcement.

It wasn't until I went to the police academy and went through the first two weeks of their training process that I realized it wasn't for me (mostly because I couldn't handle the stress, but also because my body couldn't take the running).

That's when I started having an open mind about things. I quit being a cadet, looked at a ton of different job fields, and thought about which ones I might be able to work in and enjoy (at least somewhat). I took a couple different elective courses at my college, and after that point I decided I wanted to work with balancing budgets and handling finance.

Fu** taking your junior and senior years at a community college. Finish high school at the pace that you can, and THEN go to a community college after you're done and start out by taking a ton of elective courses. Yeah, if you stick with general education classes it'll help you get your degree faster, but its more important that you have a plan than a degree. And its community college, it won't cost you a fortune.

It'll all work out, man. You're a smart guy. You'll figure it out. If no one else, you've got us.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:12 AM »
I'm not going to start off by discrediting any of the advice given. I'm simply going to say that it's not that easy to just  get over being depressed. I'm also not going to compare stories. I wouldn't consider the struggles I've had in my life to be all that detrimental to me, but I'm not without experience from them. I'm sure it's rough for you. Thing is, though... Marooca, you're a great guy. You and I have spent hours in the shoutbox sometimes, and you're smart. If you're interested in coding, as I had interpreted from your post, you should definitely try it. I just recently started to learn C#, and it's great. If you can be dedicated enough to start working out and studying for a military job, you can be fantastic at coding. I was super confused when looking at it not even a week ago. I didn't even know where to start. Honestly, it can't be that hard to get a career as a coder, I mean look at Craig. ;)

Just relax for a while. Typically a month or two is a good amount of time, I've been there. Then choose a goal, and chase it.

Things like this happen all the time, and you can't do a single thing about it. You literally feel so incredibly powerless. I get it. You've got to make things turn out well, though. Succumbing to the effects of depression are devestating.

I'm going start talking in circles, so I'll sum it up here...

You ran into a brick wall, this happens when life puts a blindfold on you. All you can do is take a breather, then get back up and push through that brick wall. Yeh, now you've gotta do it with that blindfold on, but when you've pushed through 10... 20... 30 brick walls and you made it somewhere, people are going to look at you and be amazed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:39:39 AM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
for anyone out there going through pretty much anything in life such as

and need someone to talk to then vist 7cups.com

its free and doesnt cost any money whatsoever,to where its a comunity filled with people that care about you.theres a huge list of topics that you can choose from and to search for someone to speak with,where they have both listeners for teens and listeners for 18+

if you have something going on in life that you just need smne to listen to you,then please visit this site

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »

Baby steps. You may not know what you want to do right now, but if you just start taking small steps, like getting a job, going to college and getting your general education out of the way, etc, you might eventually find a path you want to follow. Many people end up finding something better along the way.

My dad wanted to be an architect, but he started working as a Janitor at a high school and ended up working his way up to an assistant superintendent. And now he runs his own business as a consultant for small school districts who want to get construction done.

If you really need to vent, pm me ways to get in touch with you can I can always listen

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:39 PM »
Alright not a lot of people know about what I've gone through So here it is
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
I was like
10 when my mom and her boyfriend fought he pushed her off the stairs in my house Right in front of me so then I cried my brains out then later my aunt brought me to her house with my
Cousins.in the time I was there I wanted to commit suicide but this Group called Cas Came and
Asked about me.I said it was very bad there because of fighting.so they brought me to a foster
Home that I'm in right now! Now I feel safe at  a place I can live in and I still see my mom!That's why I'm alive now.
You can talk to me as i have gone through depression as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:08:26 PM by DreamxzFuzionz »
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »

Congratulations, you're now starting your Hero's Journey! Let me explain.

Every hero has a dream, a vision of how life should be for him or her. Gary briefly touched on this in his example, wanting to be a cop. Im going to use the movie the Hobbit as an example.

Bilbo Baggins is just an average guy right? He just wants to remain in his home and eat tons of food and relax, until he is tasked to do with something great, something hard. Something that is going to change his life forever. He denies it at first. What? A deadly mission across half the world where i might die?!@? Are you f***ing serious? But what does he do? HE CHANGES HIS MIND, HE REALIZES WHAT HE HAD ORIGINALLY PLANNED WASNT GOING TO WORK.

And then we get this:

Anyway, you've reached the obstacle. Not by your choice unlike in the hobbit, but what you originally planned didnt work out, now you pursue something radically different.

Let me explain my story.

Coming into high school, i was 6'3 160lbs, and could catch almost any ball thrown my way. I thought i was gonna be the star Wide Receiver on the football team, and then play college ball. I didnt know what i wanted to do, just as long as i made a lot of money.

Sop-hom-ore year comes around. I hadnt grown, i hadnt put on weight, months of work in the offseason meant nothing. I ended up 3rd string and didnt play a single play the entire year. I realized i wasnt going to be able to play football, so i quit. I had 4 hours extra everyday for activities, i didnt know what to do with myself. Thats when i picked up TM again, and started my YT channel. I got more involved in the community, eventually finding great people.

When scheduling for my junior year came about, i needed an extra elective. My buddy Jake who talked me into playing Rugby, told me to take an Intro to J-A-V-A class with him. Reluctantly i agreed and i fell in love with coding. I now am looking at several schools to go for computer science, and only 8 weeks into Rugby i love it!

===-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Moral of the story: We were put on this Earth for a reason, and sometimes we dont know what it is. Sometimes we get it dead wrong. And then God has to smack in the face with some very awful news like not getting into Military institutions to put you on your path. But keep your head up. Ill leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

-Keep banging Marooca, the devil doesnt like hard workers ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:54:42 PM by Nefty »

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 02:30:02 AM »