Author Topic:  Dealing With Depression  (Read 2403 times)

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Wumboist
Dealing With Depression
« on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
I put this here after I posted it in the Adult Discussion because some people can't access it. Please, if one post is to be taken down, take down the one in the Adult Discussion. Thank you.

I struggle with very severe depression on a daily basis. Rather that be just plain out being depressed, or memory loss, or no appetite, you get what I mean. I have self harmed. I have attempted suicide. Take this from someone who by the slightest interaction months ago could have been dead now. It isn't worth it.

For those of you reading this who struggle with depression:

It may feel like no one cares about you, but trust me, they do. My dad didn't know about my issues with suicide for months until after it happened and he (being a very strong person who I have never seen cry) starts crying over it. Here's my thoughts on it. Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just passes it on to others. Think of how devastated your friends and family would be if you died. I know it wouldn't be that much devastation in your eyes because depression convinces you no one cares, but trust this from a survivor. They do.

You have so much more to experience in life. Don't end it here, in a dying flare. End it when it is supposed to end, knowing you've experienced life to it's fullest extent. That, to me, is going out with a bang.

Get the last laugh on depression. Schedule a doctor's appointment, and get on some anti-depressants. You can win. I won. Depression isn't as strong as you think it is.

If you are depressed and would like to talk to someone who struggles with depression as well, privately or not, PM me on here, or for privacy message me on Xbox. Everything we will talk about no matter if you care about privacy or not will be confidential, and I'll always be there to talk and for support. My Gamertag is Wumboist.

Please, if you feel suicidal or that you might do something bad to yourself and/or others, call a help hotline.
Here is the one I know. If you Google search suicide hotline, it will give you the phone number for your local suicide hotline. They can help. Please trust me.

United States National Suicide Hotline: 1-(800)-273-8255

Thank you for reading. If anyone has any stories about depression and or suicide that they would like to share, here is the place for it. I will reply to any questions/comments/concerns as soon as possible.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Dealing With Depression
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
Hey
I am a suicidal thought servivor. When i was a child my dad abused me as a child. And boy did just that take a toll on my life. I was tought to hit as a child i use to punch the teacher in pre school. But it wasn't until 7th grade when depression hit me. One day in school i was just balling out. Becuase i was not fully aware of what thoughts were going through my head. Luckly a teacher noticed this sent me to a conseler. And my mom was called to the school to take me to the hospital. And i had to stay there for a day. So i when i got out i was better then before. My family was worried for me. And when i realized that it scared me. And still to this day i get depressed. But not terribly bad. But i worry of it comeing back. But i am also a suicidal survivor. Wumboist is correct seek help. Theres a reason you live theres a reason for everyone. Just got to pass the strugles.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Houndeye

• Woof?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »
In a matter of about 9 Months, I managed to build up about 2 years worth of depression. I commonly feel saddened, and the fact I get picked on, left out, and rejected doesn't help to the factor. Though yes I am currently depressed, suicide never came to mind. In fact, I want to live as long as possible. Suicide is never the answer. The answer is to search far and wide, for something that'll bring you back to your senses. I would go into more detail, but that's part of something I don't like talking about.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:32:02 AM by Houndeye »

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:14 PM »
:(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:32:09 AM by Ugh ThatZ NaZty »

Vexon

• Elite Member
  • A Sly Fox thats been stuck in a cave since 2011.
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Vexon X1
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:16 PM »
Hey
I am a suicidal thought servivor. When i was a child my dad abused me as a child. And boy did just that take a toll on my life. I was tought to hit as a child i use to punch the teacher in pre school. But it wasn't until 7th grade when depression hit me. One day in school i was just balling out. Becuase i was not fully aware of what thoughts were going through my head. Luckly a teacher noticed this sent me to a conseler. And my mom was called to the school to take me to the hospital. And i had to stay there for a day. So i when i got out i was better then before. My family was worried for me. And when i realized that it scared me. And still to this day i get depressed. But not terribly bad. But i worry of it comeing back. But i am also a suicidal survivor. Wumboist is correct seek help. Theres a reason you live theres a reason for everyone. Just got to pass the strugles.
Many people don't Know this about me, But I was born with Life threatining Food Allergies to: Peanuts, treenuts, almonds, and chickpeas. its been hard living my life since then, but I work my way Around it. At three years old I was seconds away from death from a food allergy reaction, And Since then I have had to carry my Epipen, Its scary to know that My death could be around any corner espeacily at School, when kids tease me about my food allergies by waving Peanut butter sandwiches in my face. I was greatly depressed in elementry school, but Now I feel better after constant therapy, and Knowing, that I am not alone...As of 2015 I am enjoying my life, and am no-longer depressed, but eager to wait for the future! If anyone on this forums has food allergies, (Which I doubt), Let me know :) Ive seen my little brother get carried away in an ambulance cause of a reaction, (He has them too). Its really not pretty, You just have to find the bright things in life! Like All of you guys on this Forums! And my family, and friends :)

Thank you for reading this....:)
[img width=533]

My High School Marching Band 2016

XdeathXreaperX1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 11:51:48 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
When i was 7 years old i used to get bullied by a lot of kids, they used to rip my work up and throw my lunch on the floor, and they even push me and when i try to get up they keep me down and tell me to say "I am a worthless piece of garbage and i don't deserve to live" it has been happening for 2 years, when i was 9 years old i wanted to end my life, so got a knife and started to cut my hand (i would have sliced my throat if i knew how to do it) so my mom walks in and rushed me to the hospital and i had to be there for 3 weeks, so we had to move because that school was like the worst school to be. When i got to my new school i befriended like 10 people a week because they were nice to me, and that's when i started to enjoy life.

thanks for reading...

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
When i was 7 years old i used to get bullied by a lot of kids, they used to rip my work up and throw my lunch on the floor, and they even push me and when i try to get up they keep me down and tell me to say "I am a worthless piece of garbage and i don't deserve to live" it has been happening for 2 years, when i was 9 years old i wanted to end my life, so got a knife and started to cut my hand (i would have sliced my throat if i knew how to do it) so my mom walks in and rushed me to the hospital and i had to be there for 3 weeks, so we had to move because that school was like the worst school to be. When i got to my new school i befriended like 10 people a week because they were nice to me, and that's when i started to enjoy life.

thanks for reading...

To everyone who's had these things happen to them, you're not alone. I may not have been full out bullied, but I've been ignored, harassed, etc. Although, my girlfriend was bullied during her time in elementary and middle school. It really is tough. But you can survive.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
Depression only happened if you make it happened.its not an illness to be cure by medicine.its the thought making you do this.whats really sad is when the person don't give himself or herself another chance instead they give up.

sorry if I sound strong here

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
I used to be suicidal, from ages 9 to 18 I would attempt suicide. Be it a knife to my throat or a razor to my wrist, I never felt appreciated by my family or friends, I'm lucky to not be able to go through with it, because in graduation day of high school, I had the best applause out of the whole school. I was never told outright, how much people cared for me, and on that day, I found it out.

Still, my brothers treat me bad, but they are a-holes and I could care less about their opinions. I'm different, and I'm glad.

As far as depression, I cannot say if its just a state of mind, or a disease, but I can say that I went through it.

My advice, as well as Shakespeare's advice, its better to live in a world that you know, than to die and enter a world that could be tons worse. I've seen the miracles of god, blind able to see, injuries instantly healed, cancer gone, so I believe in a hell, and I'm fine here on earth until judgement day comes. Besides, I hear that suicide is an automatic out if you are heading for heaven.

I'd also like to mention my total miner friends and family that lift me up when I succeed, and catch me when I fall. I can bring my problems here, and get an answer that helps me 100% of the time. Thank you to all of those who have ever helped me, it literally means the world to me, because with out you guys, I would most likely not be here. You know who you are ;)

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
Depression only happened if you make it happened.its not an illness to be cure by medicine.its the thought making you do this.whats really sad is when the person don't give himself or herself another chance instead they give up.

sorry if I sound strong here

Actually this is false. No offense, just stating facts.

Multiple studies and scientific experiments have proven that clinical depression is caused by (primarily) a chemical imbalance in the brain or other mental health issues which causes constant intense sadness. I'll link one.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression

"It’s often said that depression results from a chemical imbalance, but that figure of speech doesn’t capture how complex the disease is. Research suggests that depression doesn’t spring from simply having too much or too little of certain brain chemicals. Rather, depression has many possible causes, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems. It’s believed that several of these forces interact to bring on depression." - Harvard University

To say that it is the person bringing themselves down would be true, but false at the same time. The person can't help these feelings, but it is caused by their brain.

Also, don't worry about sounding strong haha, you're fine.

(Modified: I added this after the post)

Plus, I can first-hand say medication does work for depression. I've been on anti-depressants for a year now, and I went from near suicide on a daily basis to a normal life again. It is a real solution, it does work. :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:48:39 PM by Wumboist »

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »
I used to be suicidal, from ages 9 to 18 I would attempt suicide. Be it a knife to my throat or a razor to my wrist, I never felt appreciated by my family or friends, I'm lucky to not be able to go through with it, because in graduation day of high school, I had the best applause out of the whole school. I was never told outright, how much people cared for me, and on that day, I found it out.

Still, my brothers treat me bad, but they are a-holes and I could care less about their opinions. I'm different, and I'm glad.

As far as depression, I cannot say if its just a state of mind, or a disease, but I can say that I went through it.

My advice, as well as Shakespeare's advice, its better to live in a world that you know, than to die and enter a world that could be tons worse. I've seen the miracles of god, blind able to see, injuries instantly healed, cancer gone, so I believe in a hell, and I'm fine here on earth until judgement day comes. Besides, I hear that suicide is an automatic out if you are heading for heaven.

I'd also like to mention my total miner friends and family that lift me up when I succeed, and catch me when I fall. I can bring my problems here, and get an answer that helps me 100% of the time. Thank you to all of those who have ever helped me, it literally means the world to me, because with out you guys, I would most likely not be here. You know who you are ;)

I'm glad to hear you're doing well! :D Great to see you pulled through!
While I'm an agnostic-atheist, I see suicide as an equally scary route as you do. If there truly isn't any afterlife, that would mean this, right now, is my only shot at living, and after that, I'm gone. Sure, I won't be in hell, but I won't exist anymore either. That's one reason I'm happy I didn't die.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:11:43 AM »
Plus, I can first-hand say medication does work for depression. I've been on anti-depressants for a year now, and I went from near suicide on a daily basis to a normal life again. It is a real solution, it does work. :)

For some people medication works. Many who I know have had their depression worsened from taking anti-depressants. It isn't a cure-all.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
Wumboist, this actually made me sad reading this, and I wanted to share with you my experience with depression that I have been dealing with my whole life, and still do to this day.

Back in 2009, I had my own place, I was close to my family where I wanted to be, before that I lived in another city quite far away from them... One night I had a party and it got out of control and the place ended up getting completely wrecked, and I ended up spending five and a half months in prison, I'm autistic, prison is no place for someone who has autism. Anyway after I came out of prison I ended up staying at a bail hostel where thing only got worse for me, ALOT worse, I was hanging with the wrong people and ended up on drugs, you name it, I was on it.

One day I decided that enough was enough so I got a piece of rope and took it to my room which was upstairs, and I tied one end to the window frame and the other end around my neck, just as I let go and started to fall one of the staff that worked there burst into the room and caught me just in time and now I live each day extremely grateful to that person for catching me because it was a very stupid thing to do. I never have, and never would tell my mother about that day.

So I have been through pretty much exactly the same thing as you have. I suffer from depression on a regular basis, which is a lot to do with my condition, but also because my mother suffers from bipolar disorder (manic depression) so there's a good chance it's been passed on to me.

If you ever feel depressed and need someone to talk to, you can always send me a message here or on xbox live, I'm always willing to help out others, and just know that you're not alone out there.

Same to you. I'm glad to hear you are better. :) My mother has bipolar disorder as well, and my dad and a lot of others on my mother's side suffer from clinical depression, which is why I believe I have it.

It has to take some serious guts to share something like that, and I'm definitely proud of you that you did. Very few people could say that they have openly shared their stories on their downfall from drug addiction.

If you/anyone ever needs someone to talk to, just PM me or message me on Xbox. I'll always be here for you guys.

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 01:44:26 AM »
For some people medication works. Many who I know have had their depression worsened from taking anti-depressants. It isn't a cure-all.

While this is true, there are dozens upon dozens anti-depressants out there for that sole purpose. My sister was on an anti-depressant that severely worsened her condition, and she had hers switched. No anti-depressant is the same, they are all for different kinds of people. While there are a very unlucky few who have tried many and haven't had any luck, when I say that anti-depressants do work for depression, I am speaking for the majority.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:58 AM »
Same to you. I'm glad to hear you are better. :) My mother has bipolar disorder as well, and my dad and a lot of others on my mother's side suffer from clinical depression, which is why I believe I have it.

It has to take some serious guts to share something like that, and I'm definitely proud of you that you did. Very few people could say that they have openly shared their stories on their downfall from drug addiction.

If you/anyone ever needs someone to talk to, just PM me or message me on Xbox. I'll always be here for you guys.
i wouldve never guessed u had autism
glad that youre here still :)