Author Topic:  [How to] Building your own gaming PC?  (Read 8167 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Re: [How to] Building your own gaming PC?
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2016, 07:56:04 PM »
Got this for $500.

Dang, sounds like you got a hell of a deal considering the price of the CPU and GPU alone  nearly make up the total price! Nice build!
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2016, 08:00:56 PM »
Got this for $500.

Dang, sounds like you got a hell of a deal considering the price of the CPU and GPU alone nearly make up the total price! Nice build!
Yea I work at a place with many spare parts and I went and said "I'll give you 500 if I can build a pc" took time as I had no idea on building PC's before this so it was a good experience and I got a pc out of it :P.

zunr

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • Steam: Zunr
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2017, 08:46:27 AM »
Introduction

[How to] Building your own gaming PC?

___________________________________________________________________________________

First and foremost, I am not going to be giving a detailed 'How To' on making a gaming PC. Hence the question mark in the topic name, this is more or less a way to learn how to optimally make your own gaming PC. With help from others, and what I can provide, I am going to try and build my very own. This is more of a query topic, to help myself find the best way to make my gaming/personal computer rig. I also want to help others who may be in need of some assistance on building their own PC. This is an off shoot of Agy's topic, only mine will be for personal use and gaming. We're going to gather the best information/tips from others that we can compile to better help build a PC. I will provide simple ways to begin, because building a PC can seem overwhelming. But I found out, through various sources, that it's quite simple. It's almost HARD to mess it up, if you know what you want and need. Below I will explain the basic functional gaming computer components you will need. From there, you can expand on it with your own information, or help from others. I want this to be a discussion and help topic, as well as a learning experience for everyone. I eventually want this topic to transform into a [How To] that works for everyone. Hope you enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Components

From here on out I will name the functioning pieces you will need to assemble your very own PC. The point AFTER this is which brand, how much you use, and what it is for. Mostly this will be for gaming for me, so I am thinking with that in mind. Anyway, without further ado here are the components and what they do:

• CPU- (Central Processing Unit) The key component of a computer system, which contains the circuitry necessary to interpret and execute program instructions.
  • CPU Cooler- A device that draws heat away from a CPU chip and other hot-running chips such as a graphics processor (GPU). (I believe this can be optional, unless you are over clocking something.)
  • Motherboard- The motherboard is the main circuit board of your computer and is also known as the main board or logic board. Attached to the motherboard, you'll find the CPU, ROM, memory RAM expansion slots, PCI slots, and USB ports. It also includes controllers for devices like the hard drive, DVD drive, keyboard, and mouse. Basically, the motherboard is what makes everything in your computer work together.
  • RAM- (Random Access Memory) The primary working memory in a computer, used for the temporary storage of programs and data and in which the data can be accessed directly and modified.
  • Hard Drive- A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive.
  • Graphics Card- A printed circuit board that controls the output to a display screen.
  • Case- A computer case also known as a computer chassis, tower, system unit, cabinet, base unit or simply case, is the enclosure that contains most of the components of a computer (usually excluding the display, keyboard and mouse).
  • Power Supply- Also called a power supply unit or PSU, the component that supplies power to a computer.
*Optional-
SSD- (Solid State Drive) a storage device containing nonvolatile flash memory, used in place of a hard disk because of its much greater speed.

This is all you will need to build your own computer. From here it gets tricky as far as what to buy, what parts work well with others, etc. Basically personal preference, or others personal experience are needed. But only for folks like myself, whom have NEVER built a computer and need tips. This also goes for others that need help to. So, now we begin solving the issue, and learning new things in the mean time. And if you'd like, even talk about your own past projects. How you build them, or what you recommend for beginners, let's make this a wonderful discussion into PC building!

This helped a lot, thanks jack!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades, The Gaming Wizard
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »
This helped a lot, thanks jack!
No problem. Just trying to learn and get better at building my rig. Just like others. Glad it helped. :)